Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

*DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

*DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 11:48 am

You know, if you weren't gonna stick to the saturday deadline then you could have just said. Instead of editing your post...And I know you edited your postbecaue it says edited January 28th.
Back to top Go down
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 1:40 am

well SORRY! I was away at Saturday! At a resort. I changed it to Friday coz I wouldn't have announced the winner until Sunday!
Back to top Go down
http://mashbrosgames.proforums.org/
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 2:57 pm

Yea i meant 50,000 but didn't notice the extra 0 awww well X3
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 4:27 pm

All I said was you didn't need to edit your post, it would have been clearer to those who'd responded if you'd simply made a new post stating that you were changing the date.

There really was no need for all capitols.
Back to top Go down
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 10:36 pm

Due to Cyclone Yasi. I didnt release the demo yesterday:

Download demo 1.exe from Host-A

Game Controls:

W- Jump
A- Run Left
D- Run Right
S- Duck
Left Click- Swing Sword (Click three times for a three attack combo)
Right Click- Block
Right Click + Left Click- Counter Attack
F1- Game Manual

Last edited by mashbros on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mashbrosgames.proforums.org/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:28 pm

There are some things I don't like about the game.
1. The game is so zoomed in that not only are the pixels really big, but it's really hard to see if anything is about to happen since it'll appear so close to you when it comes on screen that it's hard to react.
2. Level one with Ninjas that can throw projectiles, attack you directly AND break your sheild with power shots...Amping up the difficulty abit much on the first level aren't we?
3. I don't know how to play and I'm being thrown straight into the game, when I first looked at it I was like...What am I suppossed to do? If I didn't know that gamemaker hasd an F1 function that brings up information I'd have never figured out the controls.
4. You can't turn around while attacking, I go to attack and click three times, ninja jumps over me and I'm stuck waiting for my combo to end before I can turn around. He throws projectiles at me while I'm waiting for my combo to end.
5. I was confused at the background, is this game 2D or 3D? It looks like it might be 2.5D but the only 3D thing about it seems to be the sand...So its very offputting that the sand looks completely different to everything else.
6. Counter, looks like you want the player to reply on this, but timing it right is difficult, especially since Ninjas can break your sheild.

But there were bits I did like.
1. I can block all the time if I want to (apart from ninjas power attacks). Haha you can't get me...Wait I should probably attack them shouldn't I?
2. The 2D sprites fit really well together.
3. I know I said I don't like the counter move, but it definately shows you've put some thought into the battle system and thats a good thing.
4. Bandits die quickly. yeah take that you blood thirsty morons...I'm getting too into this.
5. You can block even while facing away from your opponent, I like this since it doesn't look like you can turn around while blocking.

I would suggest puttng in a little icon that tells you to press F1 for the controls, also what's my health, it'd be nice to see how many hits I have left on me. And there is a bit of writing that says loading, don't tell me I died on the loading screen...
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 am

Hows the game coming along Mashy?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2