Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

A new idea for Unlocking Characters.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ultimatejp
Bearded Dragon
Bearded Dragon
Ultimatejp

Location : Final Destination fighting Master hand with all the super smash bros characters

A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Empty
PostSubject: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:25 pm

New Idea Made by me.

There is a shop called Store

Information:
The purchasable characters seen on this page can be bought in the store. When you see them in the store, you cannot see the name of the character, but only a black figure of them in the store.If you encounter this character in the Adventure Mode, then the black figure will become a portrait of the character.

How to get the Character in the Shop?

You will need alot of coins to buy the character for example i got 1000 coins and i saw a black figure of Geno and the price said 1000 coins i click buy i buyed him and on the roster he is now Playable.

(If you dont have that much coins you will not be able to buy the character)

How to own coins?

To own coins play Coin Shooter.

Hope you like this idea.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:59 pm

I like it! But maybe to help make it a little harder we could make it so you have to do special goals to first unlock them in the shop then you can buy them.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 pm

I don't like it.

I'm not a fan of games that make grind so I can get money to buy stuff frm stores that have little effect on the game itself. There's no incentive to buy the characters unless you either want to complete the roster or are really desperate for that character. And then you have to spend ages grinding for your favourite character where others may have their favourite characters unlocked from the start, it encourages favouritism to the people with favourite characters already available, which I am really against doing. You might say, well your only saying that because the only character you like or are good with is an unlockable and you don't want to work for it, but having a character that's locked and have to work for it while others are getting theirs off the bat is reason for complaint alone and the characters I like are actually unlocked from the start on most games.

And yes, I don't want to work at a money grinding game to earn a character, I'd much prefer for him to appear randomly after a battle. I don't play games like brawl to grind, I play games like final fantasy to grind and earn more powerful characters, which is a bad ethic for Brawl since people choose characters they prefer rather then deciding on their fighters based on who is more powerful.

I may have gone on a tangent somewhere in there but I believe fully that if you want people to buy characters you'll have to present them with a reason to want to buy the characters and a fairly simple way of obtaining them...Or fanbases might just ignore the game entirely.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 5:51 pm

I'm with deshar, Brawl isn't the kind of game where you buy characters.
Personally, I prefer them to be unlocked in story mode, where when you find them you have to fight against them, but of course it's my opinion and I just do what my boss says...
Back to top Go down
Naes-Igasu
Elder Dragon
Elder Dragon
Naes-Igasu

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Lets just stick to the old method, i personally enjoyed that.
Back to top Go down
Ultimatejp
Bearded Dragon
Bearded Dragon
Ultimatejp

Location : Final Destination fighting Master hand with all the super smash bros characters

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 pm

I mean still keep the old method like play 10 or more vs matches to unlock character i mean the shop idea is for secret characters.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 pm

My point still stands, I play smash bros to fight, I don't play it in order to play a minigame.

I'd prefer my favourite characters easily accessable since that's the type of game smash bros is, and I'd assume the same of others.
Back to top Go down
Naes-Igasu
Elder Dragon
Elder Dragon
Naes-Igasu

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:25 pm

ultimatejp wrote:
I mean still keep the old method like play 10 or more vs matches to unlock character i mean the shop idea is for secret characters.
I meant fighting the characters to unlock them >_>
Back to top Go down
Ultimatejp
Bearded Dragon
Bearded Dragon
Ultimatejp

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:31 pm

I think this topic needs to be locked and there should be a ssbr idea topic.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:37 pm

And I think not. There is currently no reason to lock this topic since it IS discussion about the game and that if what this forum is for.
Back to top Go down
Ultimatejp
Bearded Dragon
Bearded Dragon
Ultimatejp

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:38 pm

Deshar wrote:
And I think not. There is currently no reason to lock this topic since it IS discussion about the game and that if what this forum is for.

No one likes the idea.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 8:39 pm

That's no reason to lock the topic.
Back to top Go down
Naes-Igasu
Elder Dragon
Elder Dragon
Naes-Igasu

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:06 pm

It's not that i don't like it, it's just that it's not right for a smash bros. game.
Back to top Go down
Ultimatejp
Bearded Dragon
Bearded Dragon
Ultimatejp

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Naes-Igasu wrote:
It's not that i don't like it, it's just that it's not right for a smash bros. game.

True.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:01 am

I liked the idea :3 In super smash bros brawl that game did not take very long to unlock all characters. And i you don't really even need to earn them all you do is put subspace emmisary (spell?) on easy and you unlock everybody. to unlock all levels you should take about a week. I would rather have some sort of challenge to unlock characters instead of 3 hours of gameplay to unlock them all in 1 go when over half ( Literally like 90) of the characters i don't even wanna use.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:14 pm

But Luc, it's not that kind of game, the idea of having every character easily unlocked makes it so that people who want to use locked characters don't have to spend their time doing something to try to unlock them. It makes it easier for everyone to just simply jump into the game.

If it was a game where the locked characters were more powerful then other characters then I'd agree that you should have some difficulty getting them, but that difficulty would also have to mean they could defeat any other character easily and the other people playing would be at a disadvantage no matter who else they chose. With Smash Bros people play better with different characters depdning on their own preferred style of fighting.

By the way, why would you care if the characters you don't ue are easily unlocked? Its not like by obtaining them you've acheved anything that you'll use.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:27 pm

Because it doesn't really seem right the way that i can unlock abunch of useless characters i will never use but i can get them extra easily. And some of those i will never use. But if i can gain enough coins and i choose the right character i can just spend time unlocking the ones that i want. Besides we all know once you play brawl you are left with about 10,000 coins you will never use. So why not have the coins buy stickers, characters,levels, etc?
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 pm

I play brawl and I barely have any coins. Also if you remove characters from that list I'd be a little more agreeable. I don't want to have to spend my time unlocking characters on a game I play just to kick the other guys ass and have fun doing it.

Well if you never use them then its like they're not even there, but say you get a new friend, they want to play brawl and they want to use one of the locked characters that you haven't unlocked because you don't want to play as them. Now your friend has to use a character he doesn't like using because you didn't want that one.

If you make it hard for people to unlock characters then you alienate people from the game. There's no harm in having characters that you never use but are there incase someone else wants to use them.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Well considering usually people only play with a few characters 5 at the most out of the near 50 characters we have. You probably have tons of coins saved up so if he wants to play as them just go to the shop and buy it.

I barely ever play brawl and i have maxed out coins multiple times. I also did coin launcher a million times i went all the way down to 5,000 and yet i got a bunch of coin bonuses in coin launcher and within 10 minutes i was back at max.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:53 pm

SagaciousMartialStyles wrote:
Well considering usually people only play with a few characters 5 at the most out of the near 50 characters we have. You probably have tons of coins saved up so if he wants to play as them just go to the shop and buy it.

I barely ever play brawl and i have maxed out coins multiple times. I also did coin launcher a million times i went all the way down to 5,000 and yet i got a bunch of coin bonuses in coin launcher and within 10 minutes i was back at max.
I play brawl from brawls, I don't play the coin launcher.

Again I say, I play brawl and I barely have any coins. If it's as easy as you say it is to make coins then they might as well be available withut having to pay for them.

The problem I have with what you're saying is that you say it's too easy to get the characters so you want people to earn coins to get them to make it more difficult, then you go on to say that getting coins is easy which puts us back at square 1. Your arguement that you don't use most of the characters is irrelevant as theres no problem with having something you dont use as long as the person that does use it has access. We have such a wide range of characters because we want to have a wide range of people playing the game, because you don't use the whole range of characters is no reason to lock them away when others may want them readily available.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

Deshar wrote:
SagaciousMartialStyles wrote:

I play brawl from brawls, I don't play the coin launcher.

Again I say, I play brawl and I barely have any coins. If it's as easy as you say it is to make coins then they might as well be available withut having to pay for them.

The problem I have with what you're saying is that you say it's too easy to get the characters so you want people to earn coins to get them to make it more difficult, then you go on to say that getting coins is easy which puts us back at square 1. Your arguement that you don't use most of the characters is irrelevant as theres no problem with having something you dont use as long as the person that does use it has access. We have such a wide range of characters because we want to have a wide range of people playing the game, because you don't use the whole range of characters is no reason to lock them away when others may want them readily available.

I said it is easy to earn coins in brawl, not in revolution seeing as how you can just change the coding to make it harder to earn.
and i didn't completely say that i wanna just get rid of all characters i don't wanna use, i meant like if i don't wanna unlock them i don't have too.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:04 pm

Smash bros isn't the type of game where you have to do hard things if you don't want to, making people do hard things to get their favourite characters isn't a good way to go.

I really don't see your problem with unlocking them, do they get in your way in some way?
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:13 pm

Nah i don't mind so much having them there but i like having a challenge to unlock things cause i am more of a Rpg gamer. But we can keep it how it regularly should be in a smash bros game thats fine by me.
I just didn't like having to navigate my way through characters like jiggly puff.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Perhapse we could have other things as difficult things to unlock, like maybe certain stages or perhapse alternate gameplay modes, there's more then just characters.

We could possibly make an option to remove characters from the character select screen if you don't want to see them, there could be a list of your currently unlocked characters and checkbox next to each one that if checked makes the character vanish from the character select.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:30 pm

Nah it's fine. Now that i think lets just keep it how it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new idea for Unlocking Characters.   A new idea for Unlocking Characters. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A new idea for Unlocking Characters.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next