Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

Share | 

Worst Movies you've seen.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

PostSubject: Worst Movies you've seen.   Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Tell us what the worst movies you've seen are, and we'll discuss their crappyness.

I'll start, one of the worst movies I've ever seen is Dragonball Evolution. It was suppossed to be a movie based off of the series Dragonball and for fans enjoyment, but the pissed all over the storyline.

They turned a happy go lucky child with immense strength and no understanding of society or fear of death...Into an angsty teen that goes to school and falls for girls...The Dragonballs are no longer the wish fulfilling magic balls, they have become the tools for sealing Picallo.

There's no evil containment wave either, it got sidestepped and Krillen no longer exists as well as Tien and Chioutsu (Sp?). No Puar, no Oolong...Mai is on the wrong team, but that makes a little more sence since Emporer Peel of doesn't exist either. And here's another thing, no red ribbon army either and the tornament Goku doesn't even fight in not that it looks like much. There's a whole plot point about the school that they added in...That they dropped about a quarter of the way through the story...Oh and no Ox King, Chi-Chi is normal girl in school...That knows how to beat people up...

Oh and apparently the kamehameha wave that can destroy a moon because it's such raw and powerful energy...Is now a healing move...Oh and the energy training is weird because energy doesn't work right.

I could go on and on about it, but the bottom line is they took so much out of it and added in so much crap and changed the characters personalities that if you replaced all the names in the movie, it would have nothing to do with Dragonball.

Also I'd like people to not mix up Dragonball with DBz or DBgt...There is a big difference between them in the way characts fight and the drawing style and storylines.

So, what horrible movies have you seen?

Happy "Look out, here comes the Spiderman."
Ninja "..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red

Forum Game Information
Level: 2
Class: New Recruit
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:35 am

You spelled Piccolo and Krillin wrong. Just sayin'.

I've seen some of DBE. From what I seen, it was completely unenjoyable.

I saw no Krillin. It's not DB without the sidekick of the hero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:00 pm

The Last Airbender.

Character Portray: 0/10

Need i say more? They had completely portrayed every character wrong Fire lord Ozai(spell) was a friggin indian while his FULL BROTHER known mostly as uncle iroh was a white man. Thats not even possible to have the same indian parents and be white. Zuko who was related to both ozai and iroh was a mexican look alike not too mention the scar on his left eye was unnoticiable. You think that after being shot in the face with a flame thrower you could see it. Aang was from the air nomad temple meaning and looking at everybody from there all the monks were asian while he was white. Also we all know how it was at the water tribe . How did Katara and Sokka turn white? And another thing with Uncle Iroh is he didn't look like him at all he looked like a character from Lord of the rings. He wasn't Fat and during times when he was eating and Zuko spotted the avatar he didn't make a funny remark trying to finish his food.

Element abilities: 4/10

Fire bending portray: Fire bending wasn't possible in the movie without a torch or already existing fire nearby Which is completely opposite from the show where they could create it.

Earth bender portray:

DARE TO COMPARE:

Water bending: They did a pretty good job on this one it wasn't too bad they didn't screw this one up.

Airbending:
THE MOST POWERFUL ELEMENT IN THE MOVIE!!!
If you compare this with all elements in the movie this is the best. If you're not an airbender you get you're ass kicked. Looking at it you could run on walls, jump 100's of feet in the air and fire off huge gust of wind anywhere you were at Not too mention you can fly. Accurate but this was the tank of the movie. In one word Oong was JEDI. Don't believe me?

Pronunciation:

Movie: Show:
Oong Aang

Soa-ka Sock-a

Need i say more?

WORST MOVIE EVER!Exclamation

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:00 pm

You missed out story accuracy, which was pretty high.

Yeah they missed things out, but those things were mainly side stories. Most of the rest was pretty accurate to the series.

I'll admit the cgi effects were pretty bad, and the characters were cast wrong and with the wrong personalities. But at least they tried to keep the story the same, if you think about it they put alot of effort into the movie even if the final result was sub-par it still cannot be classed anywhere near in the worst movies possible.

I really think you only consentrated on the bad points, there are good points in the movie and if the characters names were all completely changed you'd still be able to recognise this as an attempt at an Avatar: The Last Airbender movie.
I would have to say it is not as bad as Dragonball Evolution and I prefer it to the blue alien film with the name Avatar.

Ninja "..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Avatar was one of the best movies of that year in my opinion it was like a perfect movie and everything actually looked real.

But i didn't enjoy the last airbender at all. I couldn't figure out who was what character i started wanting to turn off the Tv. I couldn't tell which one was the fire lord unless i saw how much shinier his armor was. I mistaked him with general zhao more then once cause the characters looked nothing like each other. Aside from that the only reason they got people to watch the movie was because in the commercials it showed literally the only good looking parts of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:17 pm

I consider Avatar as overhyped, I watched it and I really didn't like it, my brother said it would be my kind of thing but I disagree and consider it sub-par. There was nothing really special about it, the cgi was great but cgi isn't enough to hold the movie in high standing in my opinion.

And yeah, movies tend to do that, all the best parts in the commercial and then you have to watch the lesser bits when watching the movie. It's the reason I don't watch too many movies myself unless we have one of those nighs where everyone has to it down and watch a movie no one has decided we're going to watch yet. But character confusion shouldn't be a reason to switch off a movie, if you're looking at characters trying to guess them from the anime then you're taking you attention less from the move and playing a completely different game of your own that if the game goes wrong it ruins your experience.

Ninja "..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:46 pm

No i mean for someone who saw the original this movie would look completely butchered for them. It sounded as if they introduced new characters like sokka for a example i didn't know that was him into they got to the earth kingdom place. Because his name and physical features were shown horribly. the only funnny part of the movie was laughing at how much anybody who was on the fire nation team and was evil was indian but all the good guys were not XD And there is a huge difference between movies that only show the good stuff in teasers and he movie looks good and when the movie is horrible but focuses on specific scenes so it will look different.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:14 pm

I saw the original first and didn't consider it butchered. I also guessed Sokka was the same person due the name similarity and the way the storyline matched closely to the original when he first appeared...I do admit though that Sokka and Zukos actors should have been cast as each other since that was the way they looked in my opinion.
I also noticed the removal of the comedy, which I disliked because i wanted to see Aang cause a load of mischief using his wind abilities.
I don't quite understad you last statement, something about a comparison between types of movies?I think the sentencing is mixed up or I'm reading it wrong or something.

Ninja "..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:19 pm

Well the 1 scene i did see that was correct with dialogue and everything was when Sokka was standing behind Katara as she was trying to water bend she accidently through it on Sokka that was pretty funny. But i meant like if it was a really awesome movie like lets say the Predator that came out in 2010 that entire movie was good along with the trailer.

But what i meant with avatar is they took the parts of the movie that made it really look like it was completely accurate to the show, but if they woulda showed a different scene like when 10 earthbender all lined up with dance moves me personally i thought the whole city was gonna shake but then they moved a rock at 5 mph. If they woulda showed that scene not as many people woulda watched it.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:21 pm

If I recall correctly alot of people had a problem with the adverts, since Aang was always so serious in them alot of people were complaining that he had not been given a happy go lucky, clever but mischievious personality.

Then again, their conserns seemed to be realised when the movie came out, Aang had lost his personality. But my point is, the trailers didn't make it look completely accurate tot the show, infact it made alot of people think it was just going to be another Dragonball Evolution.

I do agree that the cgi effects could have been improved, espcially with modern days standards, but it's not the kind of thing that destroys a movies whole plot.

Ninja "..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naes-Igasu
Elder Dragon
Elder Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:09 am

I don't watch movies... Just felt like saying that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Cool story bro O.O
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:26 pm

It makes sense that some people may not watch movies. I'm having trouble finding any movie I like right now.

Ninja "..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Yea, I'm not the movie watching type myself...

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the LAW when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Karate Kid(Last year) is a good movie.

A really awful movie is Mr Mogorium's Wond Emporium.

Did anyone bother to see it?
I really wanted to run out that theater because of how boring it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshar
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:30 pm

I never bothered to see it.

Ninja "..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Red

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:02 pm

Deshar wrote:
I never bothered to see it.
You just saved yourself a lifetime of bordem then.

I haven't seen any good movie's lately. I might see Rango.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deshar
Admin
Admin

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Yeah, good movies are few and far between.

But this is about bad movies, I'm sure there are pleanty of these.

Ninja "..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Movies you've seen.   

Back to top Go down

Worst Movies you've seen.
Page 1 of 1