Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

United Symphonia

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Red
Red

Forum Game Information
Level: 2
Class: New Recruit
Guild:: None

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:46 pm

United Symphonia
To Be United As One-RPG

Story:
Being revised

Genre:
RPG

Time Period:
-Fantasy

Program being used:
-Actually, I would need one to work with this genre.
Any directions?

Screenshots:
-N/a

Recruitment
-Not at the moment, since this is a plan in development.

Last edited by Red on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm not sure which game builder you should use, mainly because not much of the project seems to be be available to see, how much money you have to spend on one would also be a deciding factor.

If you want a free builder that already has a basis around Rpg game making, I suggest Rpgmaker.

I cant wait to see how this turns out. Goodluck.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:32 pm

What kinda fantasy is this is it gonna be like a sci fi fantasy like final fantasy. Or a middle age fantasy with dungeons and dragons and such?
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Red
Red

Forum Game Information

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 12:52 am

Deshar wrote:
I'm not sure which game builder you should use, mainly because not much of the project seems to be be available to see, how much money you have to spend on one would also be a deciding factor.

If you want a free builder that already has a basis around Rpg game making, I suggest Rpgmaker.

I cant wait to see how this turns out. Goodluck.
Thanks. Maybe I should elaborate more on how I want the system to be laid out.
I want it to be based around a "Linear-Motion Battle System" but I also want it to retain a classical RPG feel too.

I started writing my story yesterday and I'm continuing it even as we speak.

Luciole2831 wrote:
What kinda fantasy is this is it gonna be like a sci fi fantasy like final fantasy. Or a middle age fantasy with dungeons and dragons and such?
It's actually around modern times of today, however I plan to set it back a few years.

So things like yo-yo can even be considered weapons. There will be elemental beasts and monsters to defeat and discover.
I also plan on implementing a "Pact" feature that allows you to befriend monsters you defeat and add them to your party(each contains a special condition).

A lot of this is still in the thought process but I have a lot of ideas to implement to this game.
Is there anything that could program of which I described Deshar?
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 9:52 am

If your giving the ability to befriend enemies then I guess Rpgmaker is not the best choice, since that program leaves so little room for innovation.

Are you asking if there's anythin of it I could program? Well if you used the Standard Gamemaker (whatever version its at right now) then I could make a Linear-motion battle system, well...If its the term I'm thinking of I mean. (You attack, then they attack, then you attack etc, until either you or they run out of party members.) I've even got abit of code figured out to make the enemies attack random characters or choose random attacks to hit you with.

Could you explain the pact thing abit more, do they join your party randomly after battle or do you have to use some special skill to get then to join you? Is there a limit to how many of them join your team at any one time? If the enemy dies while on your side can they be revived or do they leave the party for good? Is there an option to remove the enemies from your party if you no longer want them in your party? Would the enemies level up or just stay the same until you replace them or they die?
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Forum Game Information

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Deshar wrote:
If your giving the ability to befriend enemies then I guess Rpgmaker is not the best choice, since that program leaves so little room for innovation.

Are you asking if there's anythin of it I could program? Well if you used the Standard Gamemaker (whatever version its at right now) then I could make a Linear-motion battle system, well...If its the term I'm thinking of I mean. (You attack, then they attack, then you attack etc, until either you or they run out of party members.) I've even got abit of code figured out to make the enemies attack random characters or choose random attacks to hit you with.

Could you explain the pact thing abit more, do they join your party randomly after battle or do you have to use some special skill to get then to join you? Is there a limit to how many of them join your team at any one time? If the enemy dies while on your side can they be revived or do they leave the party for good? Is there an option to remove the enemies from your party if you no longer want them in your party? Would the enemies level up or just stay the same until you replace them or they die?
Well, the max amount of monsters you can join in your party is four. They work like party members except they can't use items/equipment like the cast do. If you happen to have more than 4 in your party, they will be sent to the monster daycare to be watched over (think of it like a PC from Pokemon where you store your Pokemon). As for the Linear Motion Battle System, there is to be planned over-world explore. Similar to Dissidia Doudecim's over-world(using this as an example). You run around and interact with things around. These things could be shop merchants, treasure chests, and the usual unknown monsters. Monsters are usually identified by the area of which you are in. Also, they will be seen on the field, because I don't want someone going through the stress of walking into an enemy that could defeat you before you get to a boss (it has happened to several people before so I wouldn't be surprised). With this, it could happen a little less. You can run up to cities/forests/etc and enter those territories and explore. There's the casual switches from over-world to area explore.

I want it to remain turn-based but have some form of "chain" system to make things interesting. Every now and again, the player will gain a "chain chance!" and that is there opportunity to deliver multiple strikes to the opponent before the gauge depletes to 0%. The player can press inputs that he presets before the battle(to use for the union attack). Union attack- attacks can be anything within your move-set but it has to be set before a battle meaning you have to activate it. Depending on that move used with each character the two characters can have a union attack combo, creating a new move when finishing the union attack.

Do I need to elaborate on any other areas that I may of missed/ didn't explain well?

Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Sounds very interesting, I would like to see a name for it though so I can showcase it, but I guess I could showcase it as TBA. Alot of it sounds quite difficult to make and I'm not familiar with Doudecims map since I've only played the first Dissidia.
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Forum Game Information

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:06 am

Deshar wrote:
Sounds very interesting, I would like to see a name for it though so I can showcase it, but I guess I could showcase it as TBA. Alot of it sounds quite difficult to make and I'm not familiar with Doudecims map since I've only played the first Dissidia.
Updated with the game name.

And,

+

It still retains the pawns, but the new addition itself is overworld.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:00 am

So it has a new overworld with sections that contain the old overworlds, (has played the original dissidia,) that sounds interesting. It'd be insteresting to see what kind of overworld you make.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:14 pm

That sounds pretty sweet. So can i expect some 3d backgrounds with 2d sprites Awesome
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 am

How much further have you gotten with this Red?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

United Symphonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: United Symphonia   United Symphonia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

United Symphonia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Multimedia and Member Projects :: Projects-
Jump to: