Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

I've been playing FFX lately.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

I've been playing FFX lately. Empty
PostSubject: I've been playing FFX lately.   I've been playing FFX lately. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 9:14 pm

Very frustrating at times and the minigames are quite bad as they rely on unaviodably computer control only sections that can screw you up and random chance.

However, I applaud their attention to detail.*Spoiler* If you go backwards from Guadosalam after Seymour proposes to Yuna then you will find that people all down to Luca have heard about the marriage...Wow, the Guado spread news fast. Although they probably should have waited for Yunas reply.*Spoiler*

It's always interesting to see the developers 1up the people who think 'I wonder if I do this'.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing FFX lately.   I've been playing FFX lately. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 3:04 pm

Aye, good game. Awesome Not a fan of the ridiculous difficulty spikes, though.

I played it on PCSX2 a while ago - sailed through perfectly fine... right up until one of the later bosses. Giant fiend, can't remember it exactly, but one of its attacks is "Photon Wings". Cheap as hell, it causes confusion, darkness, I think poison, maybe curse... and so on. Basically if it hits you and you're unlucky, your characters'll just automatically fail at infighting while the fiend blasts the crap out of them. Really? You might get control back if you're lucky or if you get hit and survive, but it just kept going for Wakka who was the king of dodging.

Since I don't "do" level grinding and just knew that my team was good enough, I just started the boss again, booted up Cheat Engine, found the boss' health, set it to 1, and made Lulu's doll punch it in the shin. DA-DA-DA-DAAAA, DA, DA, DA DA-DAAAAAAAA! Awesome I'd done it for real before on an actual PS2, but I just couldn't be arsed with it this time. XP

And no, Kimahri, Guado potions NOT good. XP
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing FFX lately.   I've been playing FFX lately. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Yeah, some of the bosses are really bad and the gameplay is very unbalanced. Did you know that in FFX, poison takes off 1/5 of your health each time you attack, regardless of what your health is? Freaking rediculus.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing FFX lately.   I've been playing FFX lately. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:09 pm

Yep. Especially irritating if you have a lapse in concentration and forget Auron has about 6000 max HP.

Me: "1100 HP left? Ah, I should be okay for now, nearly got this boss."
*Auron attacks*
*Auron gets owned by poison*
*Lulu gets one-shotted*
Me: Damn it!
*Tidus uses Phoenix Down on Auron*
*Tidus gets owned by Photon Wings*
*Auron gets confused, blinded, poisoned and silenced by (insert overpowered boss attack here)*
*Auron tries to hit himself but misses*
*Auron gets owned by poison*
Me: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...!!

Last edited by MongMaster on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Realised I can't write something between "<" or ">" signs, like <this>. :/)
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing FFX lately.   I've been playing FFX lately. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Yeah, several of my characters are overpowered but Poison is still fatal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing FFX lately.   I've been playing FFX lately. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've been playing FFX lately.
Page 1 of 1