Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

Mario in Birmingham

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

Mario in Birmingham Empty
PostSubject: Mario in Birmingham   Mario in Birmingham Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:22 pm

There was a Nintendo stand in The Bullring in Birmingham today, their star game character Mario was there.

But it wasn't all about Mario, it was mainly about the 3DS. Nintendo must be trying to catch the christmas rush since they were showing off the 3DS and asking for feedback, also, one or two prizes could be won. Needless to say I entered both contests and tried out a couple of 3DS's and 3DS games.

I liked the games, the detail in Legend of Zelda really did suprize me as well as some of the design changes of certain objects (Not going into spoilers). The 3D was abit iffy for me though, I found it going out of focus quite often which screwed me up abit, needless to say I kept switching them to 2D, lol.

I actually want a 3DS now, but I still can't afford it so I wont get it. :P

Discuss the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: Mario in Birmingham   Mario in Birmingham Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Most people I know don't give 3 poops about the 3D. but I find it extrordinary. Of course, Nintendo's greatest problem was making the logo "3D WITHOUT GLASSES" Nobody cared and that's why they're having so much trouble with sales.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Mario in Birmingham   Mario in Birmingham Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:10 pm

Did you know it can take a picture of you and someone infront of you and merge your faces to make a new face?

And that there is a feature (although this might be an ipod type game) where you could use the motion technology on it to shoot space creatures that appear on the screen as it views what's around you and adds those space creatures to the view? You can also take a picture of your face to have as the space creatures face. I defeated a boss creature that looked like me...Some may call that suicide...

There's also a game that uses a card to get s perspective area and create and environment where you can shoot targets that appear to come out of/be made of the surface you have the card on.

The new games for it are also really nice, Mario Kart 7 is alot of fun and so is Luigis Mansion 2.

So yeah, more then just 3D.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: Mario in Birmingham   Mario in Birmingham Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:19 pm

Exactly, although I'd wait till new year to buy one. That's when all the goodies come out :).
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Mario in Birmingham   Mario in Birmingham Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 5:20 pm

I'm gonna wait until next year, that's when the price drops. :P
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario in Birmingham   Mario in Birmingham Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Well... awww, screw it - I don't really have anything nice to say about the 3DS, so I'll keep it to myself. XP

I don't mind the original DS, though - it's a good handheld. Of course, in traditional Nintendo spirit, there're a ton of junk games for it, but every so often a real gem comes along. Phoenix Wright/Apollo Justice, Space Invaders Extreme 2, Monster Racers, Advance Wars, Bowser's Inside Story... I thoroughly enjoyed all of them, and some are hugely underrated. Awesome

Luigi's Mansion 2 sounds ace, but I'm not particularly a fan of Mario Kart. XP

Deshar wrote:
And that there is a feature (although this might be an ipod type game) where you could use the motion technology on it to shoot space creatures that appear on the screen as it views what's around you and adds those space creatures to the view?
Ahhh, yeah, augmented reality games - I've seen a couple of those. Awesome Really cool-looking technology, but after a while... I look past it, and notice the game itself is actually kinda lame. Like that AR Tower Defence on Symbian OS - sure, the towers look like they're on my table... but it's just an ultra-basic tower defence game! I can find a better one on Newgrounds/whatever for free. XP

Masterswordsonicman wrote:
Of course, Nintendo's greatest problem was making the logo "3D WITHOUT GLASSES" Nobody cared and that's why they're having so much trouble with sales.
I heard somewhere that Nintendo have since dropped that marketing campaign and've tried something else, which is nice. I thought they'd be all die hard over the 3D-without-glasses crap. XP
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario in Birmingham   Mario in Birmingham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mario in Birmingham
Page 1 of 1