Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

*DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

*DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Empty
PostSubject: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:17 am

Mashbros Games Presents

DESERT HERO

Download demo 1.exe from Host-A

Announcements- Demo 1 released
Currently Working on- Story

Progress to Demo 2
Enhanced Fighting System -----
Enemies -----
Terrain Enhancement -----
NPC -----
Chapter 1 of Story -----
Overall demo completion -----

Game Controls:
W- Jump
A- Run Left
D- Run Right
S- Duck
Left Click- Swing Sword (Click three times for a three attack combo)
Right Click- Block
Right Click + Left Click- Counter Attack

My Project is set in the desert, there are enemies all over the place, so be careful when playing (when i release a demo) I haven't thought of a story yet, Can you guys please make some suggestions for a story. There are also caves, where specific enemies are found.

Screenshot 1 https://2img.net/h/i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff327/Mashbros/Desert%20Hero/screenshot2.png
Screenshot 2 https://2img.net/h/i536.photobucket.com/albums/ff327/Mashbros/Desert%20Hero/screenshot1.png

Current Enemies
Sand Anaconda: These snakes are hidden under leaves, mainly the brown ones, Sand Anacondas attack you when you step on the leaves they hide in.
Ninja- Ninja's are mainly found in caves, They are very fast and strong, they throw shurikens and when they glow red they do a power attack!
Scorpian- Scorpians are slow, but their attacks are powerful, so be careful.
Lion: These vicious creatures are found roaming the desert in hunt of prey, just hope that you aren't their prey because they will eat you without a doubt!
Bandits: Bandits are found in their camps or in the wilderness, the bloodthirsty bandits ambush you all the time while your in the Wilderness so watch out!

If you are willing to help me out by making an enemy feel free too. I would rather the enemy unique, If you decide you wish to make an enemy these are the requirements:
Stance [MUST]
Run [MUST]
Jump [IF YOU WANT]
Attack [MUST]
Info on how you want the enemy to work [MUST]
Death [MUST]

Also feel free to come up with a story... I haven't thought of one, So it will be real help!

Thats all I guess
-Mashbros

Last edited by mashbros on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:05 am; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://mashbrosgames.proforums.org/
Naes-Igasu
Elder Dragon
Elder Dragon
Naes-Igasu

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:02 pm

I think the character could use same expression on the face, and shading on the face. But other then that, i can't wait to play. It looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:01 pm

Thats an edit of the Marth sprite found on Spriters resource right? I don't think he supposed to have en expression then.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Luciole2831 wrote:
Thats an edit of the Marth sprite found on Spriters resource right? I don't think he supposed to have en expression then.

its not, there is a outline of a character on yoyogames in the resources. Chumbucket made it, thats what hes made out of.

OK, the first person who makes an enemy will get the demo earlier then everyone else!

Last edited by mashbros on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naes-Igasu
Elder Dragon
Elder Dragon
Naes-Igasu

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:30 am

mashbros wrote:
Luciole2831 wrote:

its not, there is a outline of a character on yoyogames, thats what hes made out of,

OK, the first person who makes an enemy will get the demo earlier then everyone else!
Hmm, I'll try to make one after i'm done with me (sprite).
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:43 am

Yea and i'm still working on me also.
Back to top Go down
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 6:48 am

finished the lion. he is very tough, oh if you guys are too busy dont worry. I will sprite the enemies myself
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:32 pm

mashbros wrote:
Luciole2831 wrote:

its not, there is a outline of a character on yoyogames in the resources. Chumbucket made it, thats what hes made out of.

Wow, there's a lot of animations on that character sheet.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:39 pm

How about this for a story?

You are from a clan of ferocious killers and assassins, who don't even flinch in the depths of danger. Your father is the chief of this clan and they have always trained you to be prepared for anything. Upon reaching adulthood, you have to take a series of tests to become a real clan member.
(Stuff happens, tutorial, shalalalala)
You are just one step away from finally proving yourself to be one with your clan. The only problem is that the last test consists of killing your most loved one, and that would be, your young brother. Being 18 years younger, you have always cared and loved for your brother, always helping him, teaching him. You are pretty much a father to him. Upon hearing about this test, you neglect killing your brother. You instead surprise attack the person Giving you the tests, your father. You are defeated in combat and your clan banishes you to the depths of the desert.

well?
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 am

Masterswordsonicman wrote:

You are from a clan of ferocious killers and assassins, who don't even flinch in the depths of danger. Your father is the chief of this clan and they have always trained you to be prepared for anything. Upon reaching adulthood, you have to take a series of tests to become a real clan member.
You are just one step away from finally proving yourself to be one with your clan. The only problem is that the last test consists of killing your most loved one, and that would be, your young brother. Being 18 years younger, you have always cared and loved for your brother, always helping him, teaching him. You are pretty much a father to him. Upon hearing about this test, you neglect killing your brother. You instead surprise attack the person Giving you the tests, your father. You are defeated in combat and your clan banishes you to the depths of the desert.

well?

Sounds like a mix of Naruto (in sasuke's view) and assassins creed.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:41 am

I see no relevance with naruto, since sasuke's whole clan were killed, and assassins creed...
Yeah,
Well at least it's more original then SAVE THE PRINCESS

Back to top Go down
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:42 am

well?

well that is good... I don't really know what to say, but Luciole2831 is right... To much Naruto and Assassin's Creed-ish. If no-one can think of a better story. This will be it! but I will change it to NOT be your father you end up attempting to kill

Today I did heaps! just to add Bandit
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:22 am

well?

So where's the plot point? You just end it with your clan banishes you to the desert...Then what? You staying there? Trying to get out alive? Anyone hunting you? Anyone you're chasing? If you're just in the desert, why are there cave areas?
Yes it's more original then Save the princess but at least that has a defined goal, and that's to save the princess, what's the goal of the character in this story? Survival? Revenge? Escape?
Your story doesn't really make much sense either, your father banished you because you wouldn't kill your brother...What's your brothers test going to be? To kill you? And what if he doesn't? Your father loses two heirs to his clan...For what? Because they wouldn't kill their kin? And say you did kill your brother, the only other person that could take your place should you perhapse die on a mission...He's basically shooting himself in the foot with the very suggestion.
Also, how can you be a father to your little brother when...He has a father, your father, you know the guy who apparently wants him dead for some unknown reason. And when you attack the clan leader, you're not killed on the spot for betraying the clan and trying to murder their leader like 'a clan of ferocious killers and assassins' would do...No, your father shows you the sign of weakness you showed your brother, instead of killing you, he sends you away never to return...Ofcourse you'll probably die in the desert...Or come back and kill him for banishing you but I guess we've already established the father seems to be as thick as two short planks. Sending his offspring to kill each other, neglecting one of them and letting the other have enough free time to do the job for him, then setting free the guy who tried to kill him...Maybe thicker then two short planks...Doesn't bode well for their clan, just how did they survive that long anyway.

I don't really see the Naruto reference, unless the father is the Hokage, the main character is Itachi and his assignment was just to kill his brother and not his whole clan. Then, I can kind of see it, but it's a stretch, like saying Goku is like Superman...You can give similarities between the two but their abilities work completely different and I don't think I've ever seen Superman use martial arts (Especially the crazy monkey techique Goku used on Jakie Chun. xD).
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:50 pm

The story came from the top of my head, you guys can fix the errors that came up, BUT NOW I feel like a jackass for posting it. And for the rest of the story I was hoping you guys could fill it in.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:59 pm

I tend to rant a little when I give constructive criticism, but I did defend that it really doesn't sound like a Naruto story.

I write stories alot...Or come up with them alot and never write them down...So I tend to pick out bits from stories that don't seem to make sense to me, then I find all the faults with that bit.
Back to top Go down
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:41 am

Today me and my friend finished da bandit. Everything is finished for the first demo! Just to do the final touchups!

Since no-one made an enemy. no-one gets the demo earlier then anyone else, I will make a little game...

PICK A NUMBER BETWEEN 1-100 000
The person closest to the number I have in my mind, gets the demo 3 days before everyone else!
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 pm

2 days to make a bunch of sprites and think of a chatacter and figure out all his moves...Strict deadline.

Back to top Go down
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:42 pm

sorry. I've been working on the game heaps got it done. Hopefully the next demo takes along time to finish, so everyone gets to finish their person. Keep working on him. if he is finishes before Demo 2 is finished he will be there!!!
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 pm

well this is pointless...

(sigh)

Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:48 pm

1-100,000............Sounds easy enough but im too lazy to type a number. ~cough~ 500,000~cough~
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 pm

Luc, 500,000s not between 1 and 100,000.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:15 pm

HAHAHAHA

ah man, I didn't notice that, although it's obvious he means 50,000
Back to top Go down
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 am

the deadline for guessing a number between 1-100 000 is Friday. The person closest to my number in my head gets the first demo on Sunday. Everyone else gets it Wednesday!

Last edited by mashbros on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naes-Igasu
Elder Dragon
Elder Dragon
Naes-Igasu

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:14 pm

80, 478
Back to top Go down
mashbros
Matured Hatchling
Matured Hatchling
mashbros

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 am

the deadline is finished. the member getting the demo early is.......

NAES-IGASU! guessing 80, 478

MY NUMBER WAS 85 000

Naes-Igasu gets the demo Sunday
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero   *DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*DEMO 1 RELEASED* Desert Hero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next