Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

Vista, how much I hate this OS.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

Vista, how much I hate this OS. Empty
PostSubject: Vista, how much I hate this OS.   Vista, how much I hate this OS. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:09 pm

I just got an update on my Laptop for Vista (unable to install anything else on it, working on getting a PC) and as far as I know all it did was make my build in mouse stop working. I had to go and get my other mouse from downstairs and plug that in, in order to beable to have a mouse at all.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: Vista, how much I hate this OS.   Vista, how much I hate this OS. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 12:18 am

do you have 2 usb drives? I believe you must install a seperate driver for each usb port you plug it into to. I noticed with my laptop I can plug it in to port 1 and it works but I need another driver for port 2.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Vista, how much I hate this OS.   Vista, how much I hate this OS. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:53 am

I read this wrong the first time, but I just re-read it and noticed... the update made your BUILT-IN mouse stop working?! Wow. That's... REALLY retarded. :P

If restarting hasn't worked (because Windoze Vista might've kinda "missed" your laptop's touchpad on startup because it's stupid), try going on your laptop manufacturer's website and looking for the touchpad driver, if you haven't already. Maybe Windoze Vista deleted it for no reason, y'know, cuz that's one of its advertised features and all. :P

I hate Vista with an unbridled passion, that idiotic resource-hogging pile of crap. If you can, I would MASSIVELY recommend putting Win7 on your laptop. Less idiotic, better power-saving options and less battery usage overall, memory usage is more efficient, generally faster OS, etc. :)
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Vista, how much I hate this OS.   Vista, how much I hate this OS. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:00 pm

I never had to install a driver for my USB mouse Luc.

Yes Mongz, very retarded. Basically the update caused an error in the built in mouse driver, as far as my computer is telling me, there's no update for the driver so I can't fix it. Basically I log on and hope that on that log on the built in mouse starts working, if not, there's sod all I can do about it and I'll just have to use my USB one. It's a random error so there's no telling which log in will have the error, I could get 10 log ins with the error in a row so reseting just waists time.

And look at the first post Mongz, my Laptop wont let me instal any other operating system on it, my dad tried installing XP on it but he said that it wouldn't. The thing only allows Vista so I'm stuck with the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: Vista, how much I hate this OS.   Vista, how much I hate this OS. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 2:07 pm

oh you said built in mouse I also read it wrong and thought you were using a usb port.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Vista, how much I hate this OS.   Vista, how much I hate this OS. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Deshar wrote:
...(unable to install anything else on it...
Gorsh darn it, I see it now. I must've been half asleep when reading your post the first time. Awesome

Oh yeah, I see, it's cuz Vista is stupid and keeps getting less compatible with every update! I remember a while back when Vista updated itself and stopped my USB modem from working. So I couldn't check for a driver update, because it couldn't connect to the Internets! ARGH! Pissed

Strange that the laptop doesn't let you install any other OS on it, though. You might want to try this until you can get rid of Vista: Link. Try uninstalling your most recent update - it might fix it. Awesome Knowing Vista, though, it'll probably scream and stop you with 2000 UAC popups because it thinks you might cause the Earth to crash into the Sun or something. :P
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Vista, how much I hate this OS.   Vista, how much I hate this OS. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:22 pm

I'm fine with the USB mouse right now. It works fine and because of it being an optical mouse it works on pretty much any surface. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vista, how much I hate this OS.   Vista, how much I hate this OS. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vista, how much I hate this OS.
Page 1 of 1