Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Empty
PostSubject: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:55 am

I can remember a few things but its been a long time since I last played it and I find I've forgotten bits and pieces.

I'm trying something new, well new for me at least. Trying to keep my Pokemon all the same level when they're in my team, it was pretty difficult at first but now I have Exp share. Hell yea
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Nice I havnt played a pokemon game in a long time. I did however love the exp share, tie the only way I could get a garados.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm suprised you thought that way, there's always the switching out the front pokemon method.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:39 pm

I used to do that also but it was much easier to just use exp share. But if I wanted to lv more then 1 then I would use that strategy.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:43 pm

Yeah, Exp share does make it alot easier.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:47 pm

Yea plus I don't suffer from attacks when ever I try to switch.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:26 pm

True, it is the better method.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 4:49 pm

I remember that when I was little, instead of always having a team of specific pokemon, I would always try to "catch em'all". The problem with this is that I would spend a TON LOAD of money on pokeballs Lmao
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 pm

I never really bought anything but Pokeballs.
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Forum Game Information
Level: 2
Class: New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:30 am

I honestly think from here on past Emerald was when Pokemon started losing their originality.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 am

Well doesn't just about all of them start out the same.
I can recall playing pokemon red when I was like 4-5 and unknowingly using a master ball to catch some sort of lv 6 pokemon in the grass fields mostly I was trynna use a pokeball because I wanted to save some of the pp
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:41 am

Luciole2831 wrote:
Well doesn't just about all of them start out the same.
I can recall playing pokemon red when I was like 4-5 and unknowingly using a master ball to catch some sort of lv 6 pokemon in the grass fields mostly I was trynna use a pokeball because I wanted to save some of the pp
Not entirely.

Pokemon White started it out WAY differently.
Instead of walking to the professor's house, you got a box with the Pokemon inside. Your crazy friend wanted to have a battle in your room and it got messed up.
Mom offered to clean up the mess but she told everyone to head to the professor's house to get their pokedex's.

And another thing about White was the fact that unlike all of them, the battle against evil forces was apart of the main game instead of a sidequest every once in a while.
It was a good ole' tale of Good vs. Evil. I dunno if it's just some of the features, but a lot of the changes made me stop playing White for a long time after I had beaten it.

It was certainly a major change but this new installment suffers from a lot of wifi issues.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:47 am

I just think they could take the story for pokemon games to a compltely different place instad of like the first 7 games basically just being the same thing with some new pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:59 am

Luciole2831 wrote:
I just think they could take the story for pokemon games to a compltely different place instad of like the first 7 games basically just being the same thing with some new pokemon.
This game was really different, as the story was indeed deep.

Also, Johto and Kanto were dead next to each other so they were bound to have some relations. Unova was probably based off of middle China(or central) seeing how the map was in the shape of a hexagon or similar. The two legendaries were based off Yin and Yang which further leads me to the truth of that theory. It was well thought out if I say so myself.

I wish I could say the same for the newer Pokemon appearances. Trubbish(Trashbag) is a weird concept for a Pokemon.
As far as I know about the landscapes, they were modeled off the four islands of Japan(Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh).
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:01 am

I thought Unnova was based off of some part of America. I heard the people that designed the Pokemon for the area were Americans, why the hell they came up with a trash and an icecream and a candle pokemon I dunno. I also thought the story was pretty shallow, they pretty just mixed in the rival with the villains, since the rival is a main part of the pokemon stories then it makes sense that the villains following him would become so too.

And they are pretty much the same things over and over again, with a few tweaks. You still have turn based battles, your still limited to four moves, you still get bikes and running shoes, pokemon appear in different land areas now but it's still the stay out of the tall grass situation, Two on two battles you say? Nothing special and they seemed to have that a long time before, three on three rotation battles you say...Isn't that just two on two with an extra pokemon...Which is pretty much one on ones with an extra pokemon...Which is nothing special...Infact it feels like a one on one with an instant switch out function.

You still pretty much start out the same, yeah you don't have to go to the professors house, but you still get your pokemon, pick from fire, water and grass, then battle your rival. Yeah you have two now but quantity doesn't nessecarily mean quality now does it?

In all honesty, it feels the same as any of the others.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:30 am

Well not to critic a great gaming series to much but they could really take this to a whole mother lv if they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:39 am

yes, they could.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 3:01 pm

I shouldn't really poke my nose in since I've never liked Pokemon in any form. But I'm opinionated, and not afraid to share. :P I agree with Deshar - they're all the same. I don't pay attention to the storyline, though, because it's rubbish.

Back on the original Gameboy, yes, it was technically amazing, but it never held my attention. But Nintendo said to themselves "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."... in Japanese, of course. Awesome I reckon they think Pokemon's perfect, and don't need to change it much, if at all. That's why I never really play it, because if I can't clock more than a few hours on a AAA RPG (free-roam or not) before becoming bored, it's nowhere NEAR perfect.
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:23 pm

The problem is, if something sells extremely high every time you release the same game again, why not just keep releasing it with slight alterations. I mean it seems to work for FPS's so it also works for Pokemon.

Game designers nowadays are thinking too much along these lines, if it sells well, release versions of the same game again and again. It's a tired way of thinking and seems to halt innovation.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:27 pm

I noticed it also stops other games cause then they think they can get away with the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately   I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've been playing Pokemon Emerald lately
Page 1 of 1