Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:12 pm

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 is a ridiculous side-scrolling shooter which is simple AND complicated, rubbish AND great, and amazing fun BUT extremely irritating at times. It's also the one and only side scrolling shooter to use Cillit Bang as a weapon, and King Leonidas as (technically) a companion.

Basically you fly through space, shooting ships and earning an unrealistic number of points.
But then you collect four pieces of fruit and BOOOOOM, Fruit Frenzy Mode begins!
Then, just as you start to do REALLY well, you accidentally crash, power down your lasers, let too many ships past and halve your multipliers, making the game a lot harder to complete.
But then, over time, you discover that you can collect both Cillit Bang and Quad Damage, press right, down, down right and the fire button, shoot a SHORYUKEN laser at an enemy ship and cause an Over 9000 damage Chainsplosion!

Simple, complicated, rubbish yet great frustrating fun. It has Challenges, it has Achievements, it has Multiplayer, it has Axel Stone, AND it's free. It can't get much better. Awesome

Here, have some images of varying age:

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 S.P.A.R.T.A%20Drone

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Epic%20Multipliers%20Module!

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Multiplayer%20Mode
(This was taken after I'd fixed a major bug, hence the debugging stuff. :P)

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 DDR%20BOOST!

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 New%20OVER%209000!

Aaand a very old trailer:

(Most of the 3D parts are rubbish, yes, but I was basically forced to put those in (it was a college project Awesome).)

There're some other ULSG videos scattered around my YouTube channel, too. :)

Unfortunately, development has stalled on ULSG for the moment due to "I-didn't-realise-this-game-would-get-so-big-because-it-was-only-started-when-I-was-bored-and-now-it-is-horrendously-huge-complicated-and-inefficient" syndrome. And also because of university. And maybe because I prefer coding in C# now. :P

But don't worry (if you do); I plan to try and finish it at some point. Awesome Normally I make updates on my devlog at this site, so if you want to follow its currently super-slow progress, head over there. :D There's also an unfinished Alpha version on that site somewhere. It works, but it's got a bunch of Achievements and Challenges missing, plus items in the Intergalactic Mall are FAR too expensive. But it is possible to complete it! Awesome

That's all for now - feel free to raise an eyebrow and ask questions or make comments about my sanity and/or the game. Awesome
Oh, and just in case you're wondering, it's been developed in Multimedia Fusion 2, which I personally think is the best no-real-programming-required game engine ever. ;)
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 2:55 pm

It seems you've made alot of progress since I last saw it. Looks cool. Possibly cooler then before.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah, it has come a fair way since A33g - bugfixes, new Challenges, Special Modules, ships and shiny new Achievements. Awesome It's slown down quite a lot since I started uni, though. :/

Also, now that I have good knowledge of "true" programming, I've noticed how badly coded ULSG is. That probably hasn't helped. :P
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:28 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooohhh.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Very nice i would totally love playing this except for the fact video games don't like me X3
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 11:02 am

I wonder what the progress has been in this. Mongz hasn't posted in a long time.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Posted? i think you mean straight up coming online.
Back to top Go down
Naes-Igasu
Elder Dragon
Elder Dragon
Naes-Igasu

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:31 pm

Gotta wonder why people leave :/
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:32 pm

No idea considering for our size we are pretty active.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 pm

I think Mongz got the impression that the forum was all about a fangame...Sadly I'm starting to see this going that way too.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:20 pm

I came online to disable newsletters and saw this thread had some more replies. Old replies, yeah, but I just thought I'd respond before I go away again. :)

Deshar pretty much hit it on the head. ;) I was originally under the impression that this was a place to share all sorts of stuff (my specialities being programming and indie game development)... but since 90% of posts seem to be directed towards this fangame, I feel it's more of a fangame forum - a place I don't really belong. It's not all about activity; this place could have a million members, but I still wouldn't stay.

I'm not a lover of fangames. I very rarely enjoy them, and I prefer to play more original things. No offense. ;) Because of that, I'm not really interested in your project, and since The Daily Click has better facilities for updating my projects and keeping track of other projects I'm interested in, there's no real reason for me to stay here.

I might as well give a quick update on ULSG's progress while I AM here, though. :) It's been moving pretty slowly, thanks to uni assignments, and I've come to realise that the code is terrible, thanks to uni teaching me how to code properly. :P Because of this, I'm going to polish off V13 and release it as is within the next week or two, and start from scratch for V14. V13 will still be a massive step forward from V12, but it won't be quite as good as I wanted it to be. However, doing this gives me more time to work on V14, which will be MUCH more stable and will probably have a ton of new features. :D

Not sure what your policy is on linking to external sites, but if you want to keep track of this, you can visit my project page here. :)

That's all from me. See ya. :)
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 11:51 pm

I'm sad to see you think that way Carl, I've been trying ever so hard to get our forum away from the smash bros project.
You should note that not even 10% of my posts have been directed at the fangame an it would have been nice to have your considerations on how well my game was progressing. I would have preferred to have your support with this forum Mongz, I'vebeen needing some help diverting this communities attention back to the forum and the projects the individual members are working on.

I'm sorry to see you wont stay around longer.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 10:36 am

I'm back, baby. Awesome And since I'm back, might as well update this. :)

I'd love to say I've done a lot on ULSG, but I kinda had an exam and a uni assignment turn around and bite me in the ass simultaneously. The exam sucked and I knew I'd fail it. The assignment was marked as a non-submission even though I submitted it, so I had to get THAT sorted out, and then it turns out I only got 38% anyway, 2% off a pass. So I've had to mess around trying to make it ever so slightly better.

But ANYWAY, enough of that. :P Let's see what's new.

I never properly mentioned the four newest Drones, which are now purchasable. There's the P.I.N.G.A.S Drone, which shoots quite powerful lasers at any Failiens that the Drone deems to be snooPING (not neccessarily AS usual). I think it's sort of underpowered right now, but I'll do some balancing soon. Awesome

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 P.I.N.G.A.S%20Drone!

There's also the R.O.N.A.L.D Drone, which spits out a ton of burgers every 90 seconds. Each burger causes an instant-kill on all enemies except the boss. Because as it happens, Failiens are unusually allergic to burgers. Awesome

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 R.O.N.A.L.D%20Drone!

The T.O.U.R.E.T.T.E.S Drone is my personal favourite. Awesome When picked up, this Drone will immediately starts screaming various classic Tourettes Guy phrases, some of them causing a shockwave to be fired at a random enemy. He'll also throw his shoe at your, or rather THEIR f***it ass, causing an instant kill on all enemies except the boss. The shoe will bounce off every enemy, and will bounce off the bottom of Window Space twice. The third time, it will just float off into Outer Window Space. Awesome

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 T.O.U.R.E.T.T.E.S%20Drone!

Finally, as a replacement for a previous Drone, there's the N.U.K.E.M Drone, which is insanely useful for combo defence. Every time you pick him up, he'll give you a free Nuke, just as long as your Nukes aren't maxed out. When you pick up a Balls of Steel powerup while the N.U.K.E.M Drone's still around, you'll get two extra Balls of Steel, for a total of six. Also, any Balls of Steel created while the N.U.K.E.M Drone's active will take 10 hits instead of the usual five. Awesome

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 N.U.K.E.M%20Drone!

Currently, I'm working on getting all customisation options active in all Challenges. It's actually an insanely tedious process which is entirely my fault, because I'm a bad planner. :P The latest Challenge to support customisation is Area 51. With good equipment, it does get sort of easy. :P Might have to change the medal requirements.

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Area%2051%20-%20Now%20With%20Customisation!

There's still quite a lot of Challenges left, though. Can't wait to get this damn uni crap out of the way so I can get this finished so I can focus on V14. I'm extremely excited about V14, because it's a fresh start from scratch, so there's no crap programming. Awesome I'm so excited in fact, that I made a start on a prototype already. :P I've got a nice title screen set up, and I've also been working on controller support and a better profile system behind the scenes. It's not got a lot to look at so far (there's more to HEAR than look at ;)), but you can check it out if you want. :)

Well, that was quite long. :P I'll update again when I manage to make some more progress. :)
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Wow looks real cool. Btw it doesn't work because I watched the youtube video and then i pressed the button like i meant it and nothing happened.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:39 pm

lol Luc.

Looks like you have a ton of stuff in there now Mongz.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 9:15 am

@Luciole: Hahaha! Lmao When I recorded it, it didn't even have any code to recognise input. Awesome It does now, although it still doesn't really do much. Awesome

@Deshar: Yeah, it has grown quite a lot since the old release, and especially since college. Awesome I've got loads more ideas - there're 12 new Special Modules planned for V14 already. I thought I was all out. Awesome

Last edited by MongMaster on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I didn't read the post properly the first time. :P)
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 3:48 pm

Wow, cant wait to see what you've come up with for that.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:43 am

Tell me:
WHY ARE YOU SO TALENTED?! WHY?!
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Hehe, well... it's cliché, but I'd say practice has helped. Oh, and using the right tools. Awesome I've been playing around with game development for at least 9 years or so now. I'm alright at the programming side of things, but I'm pretty bad when it comes to graphics. Awesome

Multimedia Fusion 2 is the main thing that helps me when developing games. It's REALLY underrated. As long as it doesn't decide to moan and whine about nothing, it's so easy to use. Awesome
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Slow progress on V13, sadly. There're many reasons why. One, because I've been getting my university placement sorted. Two, because I've just started my university placement. Three, because I started on V14 like an idiot, and now I'm more tempted to work on that. And four, because I'm generally quite a lazy person. XP

All I can really give is a couple of prototype screenies, and some info about V14.

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 V14_pr10

The main menu's underway. Of course, nothing works, but you can change the selection. Awesome That sign-in profile display thing at the top right was a nice idea at the time, but I needed a bit more space for that metal bit at the top left, since the current menu name goes there. So, I've gotta redesign the profile display. I think I did, actually, just I haven't put it in yet. Low priority. Awesome

Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 V14_pr11

The gameplay's quite well-developed already, actually. Almost ULSG V1 standards. XP Rapid Fire and Quad Damage both work, and even the powerup music works (shiny new music for Rapid Fire, a FFVIII Man With The Machine Gun remix! Awesome), but you need to press some debug keys to make them appear.

There're also many, many new Special Modules (known as Boosters in V14) to help you score higher, faster. Awesome Autofire, the Score Tripler, a Fruit Bar Extension, ?.?? (have to put the dot there, or the "Question" smiley will activate XP), the Thyme Manipulation Device, the Reality Cartridge Tilter and the Adam and Onion Smash... just to name 7 of the now 21 planned Boosters. Of course, some Boosters have their own special downside, such as not letting you take ANY damage whatsoever (Score Tripler). Lmao There'll also be more stupid bonuses (Double Cruisercube Bonus), and Fever Time, almost like when you activate the Limit Breaker in V13, only you score more points. Awesome

So ya, no real progress on V13. Sorry for wasting your time. Lmao
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 9:43 am

Looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13   Ultimate Lame Ship Game V13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1