Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

An Unnamed Game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Project 1.
Story 1:
[Name] has bought a console hes never heard of, the person he bought it from claimed the console could 'play any game' that [Name] put inside it. After bringing the console back home, [Name] stuck [Game Name] into the console. The man was right, the game started up as it should, but as 'new game' was selected [Name] was sucked into the game world for [Game Name].

Story 2:
[World Name] is in trouble, their youngest princess has been taken hostage by an evil overlord. They have sent out for a hero who can put an end to the overlords evil ways and bring peace back to their land, should the hero fail, [World Name] will have to bow to the overlords demands.
[Name], upon appearing in the game world of [Game Name], has been mistaken for the hero that has been summoned. With the script of the game already written the characters do not hear his unscripted words and [Name] begins to realise he's actually taken the place of the hero of the story.
Charged with saving the gameworld he is trapped in, will [Name] save the day? Or is it game over for [World Name]

Genre:
Platformer RPG with Beat 'Em Up elements.

Time period:
Well there are three time periods to choose from, past present and future. We are currently thinking of mixing all three.

Program being used:
Gamemaker.

Possible enemies:
Various [Soldiers, Zombies, Monsters, Dragons, etc.]

Potential Names for the Game:
Castles and Kingdoms
Overlords and Lands
Gameworld
Hero of Games
Legends of Gameworlds
Worlds of Legends
Game On
[Game World] Legends

I could do with some more ideas for game names.

So that's what we have for the project so far, currently looking for people to help out with various aspects of the game.
We are brainstorming ideas at the moment, this post will be edited as new details become confirmed.

Last edited by Deshar on Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 2:02 pm

I've been abit too indecisive about this, I'm gonna start picking osme of our options based on which ones are realistically possible.

Edit: There, updated.
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Forum Game Information
Level: 2
Class: New Recruit
Guild:: None

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:43 pm

This sounds somewhat generic(The "Saving the princess from an evil overlord" part), IMO.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 10:52 pm

Well I figured keep it simple for the first one, the main point is that the villagers and other characters don't hear what the main character says, they talk to him as if he was replying the way the game would be scripted for him to reply.

He's litterally been thrown into a generic game, for example the characters will mention buttons to press to do some kind of action like jumping and he'll reply with something to do with how you would jump in the normal world.

The main storyline isn't really set, I do tend to throw twists into my games quite frequently.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 11:26 pm

Well i dont think they will mind the story if it's a good game. I mean mario games have had the exact same story line for decades.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:53 pm

That is true, infact it was sort of a Mario type idea when it was first come up with.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm

Ah, i see.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 10:00 pm

The saving the princess thng, not the whole game.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 4:25 pm

Since the idea seems to generic and it's only in the most basic planning stage I'm gonna hold off on this project, sorry about that anyone who wanted to help out. I'm gonna make a new thread with a more complete game of mine so I can at least get going with something.

So yeah for now, thread closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Unnamed Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Unnamed Game   An Unnamed Game Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Unnamed Game
Page 1 of 1