Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

About the deadness of the forum....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

About the deadness of the forum.... Empty
PostSubject: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 12:37 am

Obviously the production is going slow due to our small amount of people we have to do things here. We have a few options as i see here.
And i know this is a community so the game is not the main focus of the forum but it is the only thing that brings us members.
1. Stay how we are, keep working and hopefully we get more members.
2. Join another forum which is active keep working on the game and people will try to help. Probably ask the admin about getting a few threads/topics especially for the game. Although of course in exchange they may want a small input.
3. Advertise like crazy which most of us don't really find it fun to see people join here stay for a day then leave due to there being nothing to talk about.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 2:17 pm

4. Have our current members be more active and post their own topics about random things to do with them.

5. Make a thread about the deadness of the for- Oh, nevermind.
Back to top Go down
Red
Red

Forum Game Information
Level: 2
Class: New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:06 pm

Yeah, this place kind of dropped itself to a lower level.

Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:34 pm

Yea so i seriously am thinking we be better off trynna join up with another forum.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:53 pm

I think the main problem is we have nothing to show.

I mean, yes we have the main project but that's still in its earliest stages and other games of that type are more impressive. I know there's been huge progress in a short time but those playing it wont see it that way, it's where you are right now that matters to the consumer.

We have other things, little things, but they don't have much progress and many of them don't even have demos or first versions, so there's nothing for veiwers to comment on or play for themselves.

Our goal should be to create at least one basic game that people will enjoy playing, and the Smash Bros' Genre is not basic. I'd vote my one but that's not basic either.

I know alot of our members are spriters, I understand that they have little interest in anything else but it would be preferable if they could look up some game building programs, have a little try on some tutorial or something and post their results.

I know we're suppossed to be running the forum but there's only so far Admins and Moderators can go without Member support.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:05 pm

I have tried with game maker before and that has failed for me. Looks like i'll go back to using Multimedi fusion2. Either way there is only so far we can get. it's been hard enough getting people attracted to smash bros revolution. And smash bros games are among the most popular among fans.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:11 pm

As I said, people arn't attracted because it's incomplete.

And I wasn't meaning only you with the trying game building programs, as I said before, there's only so far Admins and Moderators can go without Member support.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:22 pm

I was trying to learn how to use gamemaker, to a degree, for your maze game thing.I got tired of waiting and uninstalled it...

It also doesn't help that I can't sprite...

Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:27 pm

Yeah sorry about that, I was so close to finishing my current version of The Meteor Child I put Maze Track on hold. Funny thing is once I come back The Meteor Child should be finished and it's possible I'll have made some progress on Maze Track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the deadness of the forum....   About the deadness of the forum.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About the deadness of the forum....
Page 1 of 1