Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Empty
PostSubject: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:02 am

I'd like to hear everyones thoughts on Sonic Generations and the general implications of it with regards to Sega and Sonic.

So please, voice your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 11:55 am

I think sega finnaly got the message I always wanted them to get:

DUDE, You have a mascot that can run at the speed of sound, START USING IT!

This is what the book series lacked and what they totaly changed with werehog. SPEED!

They could make sonic 25 million times more fun than mario if they only tried.

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Sega? You mean Sonic Team, you know the division in Sega that makes Sonic Games.

And they have been speeding Sonic up in recent games, Unleashed (not including night stages) being one example and Colours being another example. I haven't played the book games so I cannot comment on his speed or lack of in them.

It seems to me that Sega is going on the try to please everyone route, Old Sonic coming back with New Sonic still remaining. They're trying to please those that liked the old games and those that enjoy the newer ones thus everyone, they've listened to the fanbase, yes, but they do that all the time and it turns out badly in usual cases.

To be honest I thought Unleashed was a good game, but way too overhyped before it was released, it was suppossed to be a godly return of Sonic but regardless of what people were given, because their expectations were so high it would be a disappointment. And it was, to all those that though of it so overhyped.

With the way everyone is acting over Generations, I'm expecting it'll do the same as Unleashed, good game but overhyped to the point where people expect more regardless of what they get.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Well idk about sonic being a million times better then mario since mario has so many different branches of games where he is playing basketball, golf, soccer, etc, mario party games, super mario games. Mario will always remain ontop of probably most series. But about sonic generations i don't really like the gameplay trailers i saw because i was more of a fan of SA2 gameplay style which since they kept his speed and still had 3d it really made me feel like it was actually sonic and i was running through cities at high speeds. One thing i think that sonic team should stop is adding a super sonic/ other super form into every game because it is kinda played out now. I am sure by now everybody who knows a little bit about the sonic series already knows that in some form or way the world is at danger and then sonic will go super and suddenly he saves the day. But yea i think this will get as much fame as unleashed did.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Red
Red

Forum Game Information
Level: 2
Class: New Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 1:15 am

This is just the revolution the Sega Team needed.

I think they're learning to listen to the fans who know their stuff now.
The cross-over is a nice touch too and as long as they don't mess up the main villain, then I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 10:17 am

You mean the fans that said Sonic 4 sucked JUST because Sonics eye colour was not the same as the old one? Because those are the ones that inspired Sonic Generations in my opinion, those saying Sonic needs to have his eye colour changed and those saying that its Sonics new image so it would be stupid to change it were at conflict because of Sonic 4. Thus Sonic Team sat there thinking, Hmm, These guys want the old Sonic, but if we give them the old Sonic then these other guys will complain, we could just continue with the new Sonic but then these guys would complain.
Someone probably just stood up and said, why not just have both Sonics then. Thus Sonic Generations.

Its been like this for a while so don't think anythings changed over the years. People wanted a sequel to Sonic Adventure 2, so they made it or at least started to, but then the release date was rushed and they had to change the name so people wouldn't see what they've done. Thus Sonic 06.
People wanted a better game then 06, give Sonic back his speed and make the other characters pretty much uninvolved in the storyline. Sonic Team wanted to try out a new idea they had too, to see if Sonic could be made into more then just a run through a level thing. Thus Sonic Unleashed.
People thought the Werehog was too slow and anoying to use, they wanted Sonic on his own, others wanted Sonic to return to his roots and were complaining they didn't just go back to Sonics roots and continue from Sonic 3. Thus both Sonic Colours and Sonic 4 were made.
Sonic Team have been listening intently to the fanbase for a long long time, however with each completion of a game came more barrel loads of complaints and ideas from the fanbase.

People are now saying Sonic Generations is the revival of Sonic, but I disagree, 06 killed Sonic off but Sonic was definately revived in Unleashed. Sonic Team have been on the ball since then, now the one good thing I can say about Sonic 06 is that Sonic Team have learned from it what not to do.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Well Sonic adventure 1 + 2 were actually there only games that were based on the anime/ cartoon Sonic X.
After the events of shadow appearing sonic and his friends went into space and started fighting against a completely different species which were like these robotic type guys. Which they never made the game for that.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:01 pm

True, but Sonic 06 was originally going to be called Sonic Adventure 3. Even Unleashed was going to be called Sonic World Adventure. Sonic team change the game names alot it seems.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:07 pm

I don't know. I wish they would stick to the story line. Because that's the reason star wars the force unleashed was a fail and didn't get alot of money.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Stick to the storyline? Of Sonic X? They never stuck to it from the beginning, No Cris...No other world, even the mystic ruins are just based on old ruins somewhere.

The only thing they stuck to in SA1 was Choas' backstory. In SA2 I guess they stuck to the story...I think. But they aren't really suppossed to be game versions of Sonic X.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:35 pm

It sure seemed like it. Besides i think they just didn't include chris because he didn't really have a big part in the story too much. I am kinda hasty on sonic games though, in other news the new smash bros has been announced for the Nintendu Wii U. Sorry off topic but anyways sonic games kinda shunned me away with the release of sonic next gen.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Yea, next gen was rubbish, it was incomplete for one thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?   Your thoughts on Sonic Generations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on Sonic Generations?
Page 1 of 1