Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

We have two problems right now

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

We have two problems right now Empty
PostSubject: We have two problems right now   We have two problems right now Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Problem 1: Spammer bots.
You may have noticed spammer bots trying to advertise or post undecipherable things on our forum, it's a real problem and we need to solve it. I have taken steps to prevent guest spamming by blocking all guests from posting in any forum apart from the spam forum.
However, I can't stop the ones that sign up and start spamming as members. All we can do right now is ban them when they become apparent. Please help us spot them quickly so that we may dispose of them swiftly, please also point out guest spammer bots to us as they are not always clear.

Problem 2: Old members with 0 posts weighing us down.
It seems we have many members that have been around for ages and never posted or even logged in, in some cases. These inactive members are potentially giving people the impression that we are inactive.
What are your thoughts on this as members? Should we delete these empty accounts or are they not a bother? Do you think they'll ever make a single post when they havn't paid any heed to the forum since joining?

Please discuss these issues so we may figure how best to go about fixing them.

Thankyou for reading.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: We have two problems right now   We have two problems right now Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 6:49 pm

As far as spam bots go I could change the settingg so when someone tries to signup we have to activate there account before they can post instead of it automaticly being activated. I remember I always hated when that had to happen on other forums cause sometimes it took a few days and causes new members to forget about the place.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: We have two problems right now   We have two problems right now Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Well then we can count that option out, don't want to alienate people before we get any activeness.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: We have two problems right now   We have two problems right now Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Let's see...
Well, download sites like megaupload and fileshare use that "type what you see in the image" feature, that ban bots from going around automaticly downloading things, so maybe we can use that?
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: We have two problems right now   We have two problems right now Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:14 am

I went ahead and deleted some of the people who have been with us since November, have not been online since November and have never posted. Sorry but I felt there was no reason to keep them there taking up space, I'll leave all the other none posters...For now...
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: We have two problems right now   We have two problems right now Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 1:02 pm

Ok so a temperary fix. And we could try the idea Msword but im not sure if forummotion supports it.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have two problems right now   We have two problems right now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We have two problems right now
Page 1 of 1