Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

What do you think of the WiiU

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

What do you think of the WiiU Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 12:19 pm

I know there isn't much informationa about it and pretty much all we know is about the controller, but what do you think of it so far?

Personally I think it's the next stage in motion controll and pretty much the next stage in consoles in general.
I'm sure many of you probably disagree on some points, so discuss.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information
Class: Colosseum Champion

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 3:27 pm

The Wii U... they couldn't have gone more terrible with the name, although I think it'll be the next step in gaming. I also really hate that once it's out, the gamcube along with it's games will become practicly retro, and the only thing I'll be able to use to play them is my wii, since from what I heard, you can't even use the gamecube controlers, Which is sad, since I can afirm that, with the DS, is and will almost always probably be my favorite consoles of all time. Windwaker FTW
From the way I could imagine, it'll be like a giant DS console, there being 2 screens, and that one of them you'll be able to move around with, speaking of that, I'm a little worried with the battery life of the screen, it always got annoying wwith the wiimote. I had once bought the chargeres as to charge special batteries for the mote. It was garbage, as I charged it for 6 hours and could only use them for 2 hours before it ran out of juice.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:22 pm

No Sword, those DS like things are just the controller, there'll be a main console part.
My hope is that they have the wireless part optional. Basically have a wire so you can plug them in if you don't want it to be wireless.
I'm sure the battery you'll have to put in will probably be bigger too so I dunno what to say on that one. The battery life will probably be shorter unless they do find some better battery packs.
You got some pretty bad batteries then Sword, mine seem fine for long periods of time.
Back to top Go down
Alt_0223
Wyvern
Wyvern
Alt_0223

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: Masters Of Conflict

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:31 pm

I like the idea of being able to switch to portable gaming when someone wants to watch TV or something. That sounded really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Ah, no, I meant it's like a ds because of the 2 screens, and no alt, I don't think it'll be portable gaming, they have to be used in a set I believe
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Sword, i think he means the part where you can play your game on the controller screen if someone is watching the telly.
Back to top Go down
Alt_0223
Wyvern
Wyvern
Alt_0223

Forum Game Information
Guild:: Masters Of Conflict

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:24 pm

Deshar wrote:
Sword, i think he means the part where you can play your game on the controller screen if someone is watching the telly.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:17 am

WiiU? Wii me? No, WiiU. Who? U. Yu? No, not Yu, U.

DAMN, and I thought the name couldn't be any more stupid. :P It's a fad, but it'll sell like hotcakes because fads seem to sell, and because of fanboys. The last piece of Nintendo hardware I liked was the SNES.

What I want them to do is stop making consoles and just make games. Because I love many of their games... just I need their crap consoles to play said games. Thank God for emulators.

Trolling
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 12:58 am

EXACLY!
That is the biggest problem with nintendo. At E3 everybody was: "The wii U can do this, this and this, it has incredible graphics, it has a second screen, it can do your dog...[]"

But they want me to buy a 300 dolar console that I'll have to use as paperweight for 3 years until good games come out for it? NO!
I don't care what the hell the system does if there are no games that I'll be able to play using it. If a console in 4 years only has a handfull of good games, then why bother buying the console? THIS is what I hated about the wii and loved about the gamecube and DS.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:24 am

Well I will try to buy it but if microsoft announces a new Xbox 540 maybe idk I will get that. As far as WiiU goes they should have made luigi's mansion 2 for it instead of 3ds even though it's a easy game since I played through the first one again in like 2 and a half hours. Though they did announce smash bros strife on the WiiU but that really makes me think I should just get a 3ds since it will be on there also and have luigi's mansion.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:27 pm

MongMaster wrote:
WiiU? Wii me? No, WiiU. Who? U. Yu? No, not Yu, U.

DAMN, and I thought the name couldn't be any more stupid. :P It's a fad, but it'll sell like hotcakes because fads seem to sell, and because of fanboys. The last piece of Nintendo hardware I liked was the SNES.

What I want them to do is stop making consoles and just make games. Because I love many of their games... just I need their crap consoles to play said games. Thank God for emulators.

Trolling
I agree that the name is stupid, however I wouldn't lable it as a fad and only liking the SNES and befores is a closeminded way to think. Nintendo may make these consoles for money but they really do allow the game designers to think of more innovative games. Games like Okami, which is a really good game for the Wii.

The reason they make consoles is so they can make games, the improved consoles can implement parts of the game easier then the old ones. Or would you really try to run Mario Galaxy on the Snes, if you do try that then goodluck, you'll definately need it.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Masterswordsonicman wrote:
EXACLY!
That is the biggest problem with nintendo. At E3 everybody was: "The wii U can do this, this and this, it has incredible graphics, it has a second screen, it can do your dog...[]"

But they want me to buy a 300 dolar console that I'll have to use as paperweight for 3 years until good games come out for it? NO!
I don't care what the hell the system does if there are no games that I'll be able to play using it. If a console in 4 years only has a handfull of good games, then why bother buying the console? THIS is what I hated about the wii and loved about the gamecube and DS.

It's going to be released with several games that can show off its new design, I believe there's even a Starfox game in the previews and it can play the Wii titles, whether these games are 'good' is in the eye of the beholder.
I've never known a Nintendo console to have only a handful of games, Nintendo makes more then a handful themselves for the consoles and other companies are anticipating their games being released on it. There were a number of big name companies participating in Nintendos conference at the E3. Again the idea of 'good' games is whateevr the person playing it thinks of them.
And besides, if it's too expensive and doesn't yet have 'good' games, wait until the price comes down and it has a bunch of good releases. I don't see the problem.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:51 pm

I mean they are WAYYYY to focused on the console and not enough on the game. Just look at how they treated the 3DS, way too much mention of the 3D.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 10:57 pm

I hope they move away from Friend Codes, that just makes it hard to add people you know.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:01 pm

actually, it's planned that it will have a friend system similar to xbox 360, so no more friend codes aperantly
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 pm

Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:07 pm

Hmm...

OOH, I got a joke.

What university did miyamoto go to...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:21 pm

Very funny. Ninja
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:31 pm

Sarcasm and the internet don't seem to go hand in hand.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:37 pm

Too true Lmao
Anyway, I think the WII U although a terrible name, will become wildly known.
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Nintendo rarely keep the names they originally give their consoles, hopefully the same will be true here.
Back to top Go down
Masterswordsonicman
Masterswordsonicman

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:43 pm

I didn't know that.
I would love it to be called "nintendo"

Like, I'm going to go play my nintendo
Back to top Go down
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Since the term is common this year, I'd say call it the Nintendo Generation. Or NG for short.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:36 pm

Well I wouldn't say wiiu is going to be the best console out but it's games are in a step of the right direction. They won't have as many little kid games coming out on it. But the fact they have touch screen controllers and smash bros strife will be available on 3DS also. just due to there technology they will automaticly get there name out there. Though nothing beats the microsoft lineup for games, another new halo, GoW3, Battlefield 3 (Fuck MW) , mass effect 3, andd more that i forgot of. So imma stick with my 360
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the WiiU
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: