Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Hello new user, we noticed you are not a member of our forum yet. Some topics are not visible to guest and you will be unable to receive access without logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Please post any projects, you are involved in, on our Project Forum
Welcome to DragonWing Community.
Forum Administrators: Deshar, Luciole2831.
Forum Moderators: Masterswordsonicman, Red, SethEckos, Reborn574.
Please join our Forum Game.

What do you think of the WiiU

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information
Level: 6
Class: Swordsman
Guild:: Masters of Conflict

What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Arn't they all shooter games you just mentioned?
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Just had a good read of the specs and stuff... and, well, I was gonna respond with a very big block of text, but I deemed it too long and drawn out, so I'll try to cut it down into bitesized sentences that'll make you say "yumlol" or "urghwtf". XP

My keyboard has a screen on it. Tablets have existed for years. So apart from being the first controller with a screen on it, there's nothing new or amazing about it. The screen is stuck in a catch-22: putting critical stuff on it is a stupid idea cuz I have to look away from the action to look down at it, and not putting critical stuff on it makes it a pointless buy-me-now fad. It also looks horrendously unergonomical - my hands hurt just from looking at someone else holding it. Pointing my wallet at the controller alone makes the wallet cry in fear. I don't like the camera that's constantly in your face, either. And apart from video-calling (Protip: Skype and a webcam is cheaper), it's also quite pointless. ("HI I'M PLAYING SSUPAH SMASH BRUVAS WITH YOU AND YOU CNA SEE ME YEAHHHH!!!" Yeah... cool lag, bro. XP)

VERY limited information on the CPU and GPU. A "multi-core" CPU from IBM (so it could be a low-clock dual-core), and a "high definition" GPU from AMD (whatever the hell that actually means). So for all I know, it could be just as weak as the Wii. I laugh at the concept of motion control, and always will do until someone makes it work right. The whole thing reminds me of Apple's hardware - really not worth the price, but because it's pretty, it sells by the truckload anyway. And I heard somewhere that the FailFriend Code system wouldn't be replaced, but I don't know. Overall: I flat out don't like it, and will stick to the PC or 360 or even PS3 where technology goes in the right direction, ta. Trolling

minutesWasted += 30

PS: OOOOOOOONNNNNNNE HUNDRRRED!!
What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Party_10 What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Party_11

Last edited by MongMaster on Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 100-post celebration. ;))
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:27 pm

I disagree, my dad always wants to watch tv when we're playing a game donstairs on the main tv, the idea that the things on the screen can switch to the screen in the controller is very useful. Not to mention it stops screenwatchers in fps's if you're playing with friends, my brother and his friends have had that problem several times before. So the screen is useful beyond just holding extra menus.

And yes many of the things on the console have been done before, but not on a home console for use one games. So it's in a completely different context.

I'm also gonna say this, graphical quality and technological advancement is slowing and one day will stop all together for innovation, Nintendo is going for the innovative right now. While others amp up their graphics Nintendo can learn how all the inovative workings work...Then when the graphics are available easily they then add those in and get way ahead.

This is just my opinion and you're entitled to yours as I am mine. But I would like it if you couldconsider my opinion as I have considered yours.
Back to top Go down
MongMaster
Wyvern
Wyvern
MongMaster

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:00 pm

Actually, yeah, I forgot to mention that in my "summary" - making the controller display the main screen is a pretty neat idea. And the way it prevents screenspotting/screenwatching is cool, too. I wouldn't need it personally, since I can play on my own TV, and whenever some friends and I play a shooter, we kinda have a "silent rule" about screenspotting and hence we never do it - it's a cheap trick and we all know it. XP But I can understand how the screen's useful for some people. Awesome

I'm not interested in graphics, really. However, I'm also not really interested in this stuff Nintendo are adding to their consoles, either - why can't a controller just be a controller? Why does it have to have a screen and a mic and a webcam in it? Generally... you buy a games console to play games on it! XP All I'm interested in seeing now are consoles which are able to render at a stable 60FPS, maybe more. No more increases in graphical quality, no reductions, either... just stability. Normally you get 30FPS or lower on a console, and it can jerk around all over the place. If the framerate's low, you get slowdown, sometimes frameskipping... and it annoys the living hell out of me. XP

Of course, what I'd like to see won't ever happen, because as long as power is added to consoles, developers will create bigger textures, leave more polys in their characters, be lazier, and generally squeeze every last drop of power out of the consoles... and there shall be jerkiness and missed headshots for all eternity. XP That's why I tend to play games on PC more now - if my framerate's wonky, I can tell the shiny graphics to get lost so I can play the game smoothly without any jerkiness. Awesome

So ya, your opinion: considered and respected. Awesome

Ah, by the way - did Nintendo ever announce a price for the... their new console? (Seriously, the name is so terrible, I'd rather just write this long sentence which explains that I don't want to write the name of the console. XP)
Back to top Go down
http://mongmaster.wordpress.com/about/
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Oh wow, I completely agree. But PC's aren't perfect, their technology is increasing too fast too and stability is getting thrown to the wayside.

But yeah, pcs seems to be a beter choice.
Back to top Go down
Luciole2831
Admin
Admin
Luciole2831

Forum Game Information
Level: 5
Class: Rogue
Guild:: None

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:12 pm

I still prefer a 360. And yes I named all shooter games :P of course i can't forget assassins creed though. I need graphics, I don't care if i do work with sprites, i need graphics on my game which is why i personally hate flash games. I also don't care about all that motion sense shit, It's a video game, there made so we can be lazy and fat. Keep it that way. I also worry about this so called touch screen controller, The controllers fall off of places sometimes and with a basic 360 controller rest assured i'm good to go. But a touch screen i am just fucked.
Back to top Go down
https://freerun.forumotion.net
Deshar
Admin
Admin
Deshar

Forum Game Information

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Lazy and fat? Have you ever heard of professional Gamers? They have to be physically fit in order to keep their responces top notch so that they can play games to the best of their ability.

Personally I think you have things backwards, games are designed to entertain the people who play them, fun is primary and everything else is secondary or less.

Still, I guess you're right about touch screen tech, it breaks way too easily and controllers arn't the best shape for not falling off of things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the WiiU   What do you think of the WiiU - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the WiiU
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Discussion :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: